Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine’s Day, Olaf and Feeding the Piggy

Hello all!  Trust that you are staying warm, and in out of the cold weather.  It is somewhere below zero today, with wind chills making it seem even colder.  BRRRR!!!  I am fortunate in that I do not have to be out in that weather. Instead, I stay inside…where I have become sick. The grandkids had been sick, and after babysitting the little guy, so is Gramma Rita.  Kind of think he “gave” it to me.  But, hey, if I had to get it from somebody, better from him than a stranger. lol  Can’t taste or smell anything today, which gets on my nerves.  I know, I know, I will survive.  My complaining is over.  Now I shall get on with the subjects of this post.

For Valentine’s Day Rick got me some candy and a nice card…

IMG_0445-001

…and I made a peach pie for him. Note the little heart cutouts I put on it, for Valentine’s Day. Awww…

IMG_0453-001

Clayton asked for an Olaf hat, so you know what Gramma Rita did…made him an Olaf hat. –smile-

IMG_0462

And here is Clayton wearing it to school yesterday.

Clayton wearing Olaf hat

Laura and Lawson came up a couple days ago to pick up the hat, and while they were here I gave Lawson a bunch of coins to feed the piggy.  The piggy hadn’t been fed in a while, and was quite hungry. lol Rick and I received the piggy from his aunt when we got married…which will soon be 34 years (in June).

IMG_0475-001

IMG_0484-001

I’ve added lots of new things to my Etsy shop, but have yet to have anybody purchase anything.  I’m trying not to get discouraged, as I had told my family that there are thousands of people out there trying to sell crocheted items on Etsy.  And most of the people I know around here don’t really want to pay…they want it given to them. Oh well…I am probably going to keep the shop open for 2015 and see where I’m at at the end of the year, and take it from there as to whether to keep it going or not.  Here are a few of the things I have added:

IMG_0378-001

IMG_0386-001

IMG_0463-001

IMG_0467-001

Thanks so much for stopping by, and here’s wishing you a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice grandma to make such a cute hat for your grandson! So cute! I hope your Etsy shop does okay.. I've only sold a few things on mine, but I like having it and it's not that expensive to keep it open. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.. you really need an Etsy link to your shop on your blog.. I couldn't find one. Am I missing something? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Teresa! Not sure why I hadn't already added one. It's there now. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling better! This cold weather sucks! I love the "piggy"! Good luck with your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Love your crochet hats :)
    I know it is very difficult to sell items. Hope you get some selling done on etsy. Don't give up. I am not sure but I think they might be having some promotional scheme to highlight a shop for few days on payment basis. You may have to risk that marketing expense if required.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I hope you are feeling better today..right now I think all of etsy is slow..I am not even selling thread which is unusual...but I do have this big order to get out, so that is something. We are iced in today so I am charging up the kindle and the portable ott lamp...hopefully the power doesn't go out..trees have alot of ice on them..almost to the breaking point I think..stay warm and feel better

    ReplyDelete