Monday, July 14, 2014

Doilies & Another Birthday Present

I do believe I forgot to post a doily, or two, that I created, so will post them here.  Also want to show you what I made for Clayton’s upcoming birthday.  He’ll be 7 towards the end of this month.

First up, the doilies.  These are all very small patterns, that I have been adding on to, to make a doily instead of something smaller than coaster size.  It’s been fun!

IMG_0267-001

IMG_0287-001

Now for the birthday present.  Clayton is into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so I made him a turtle colored hat for his birthday.  The green in this pic is not true to life. It looks pastel in this picture, but I assure you it is not.  I found this pattern online, and used it for the mask pattern.  Instead of attaching the mask to the hat, I made him four different masks and one hat.  I figure he can use whichever hat he wants to, at any given time.

IMG_0295-001

Thanks for looking, and have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Both doilies are very pretty Rita - I especially like the white one. Genius idea to crochet one hat and make all 4 masks. Have a great evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked the white one the most :) the second one is also nice but I guess since the picture is taken on textured background so the design is not visible clearly.
    What a great idea for gift!! I love those colorful masks :) is there a button on the back of mask or is it just to be tied at the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preeti. The masks just tie in the back. :)

      Delete
  3. I like them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty doilies! I'm sure Clayton will love the masks. My son, who is now 32, loved the Teenage Ninja Turtles when he was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte. :) My son, Brandon, who is now 28, also loved the TMNT when he was a kid. :)

      Delete