Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New Look for My Kitchen

A while back I bought a pretty piece of vintage fabric at Good Will, not really knowing what I was going to use it for.  Last Monday it hit me…”new” kitchen window toppers!  So I got out my sewing machine and after stitching a few straight lines, I had new window toppers. I wasn’t finished yet, though.  I thought they needed some pretty crochet borders, so I got busy with that project. Here is the first one. I didn’t have a pattern for the edging, but I did look at edging patterns online to help get an idea of what to do.

SAM_1273-001

SAM_1275-001

SAM_1285-001

After the second one was finished, I decided I needed some new pretties on the wall beside it.  This second window is above my kitchen sink, and it shows the wall pretties in place.

SAM_1305-001

Here are close-ups of the wall pretties!

SAM_1298-001

SAM_1299-001

SAM_1300-001

SAM_1301-001

Next on the project list was this pretty wreath, which I just finished last night.  I cut up a lid to an old plastic ice cream bucket to use as my base, and then crocheted over it. After that I made a variety of flowers and leaves for it, just as I had for the “wall pretties”.  No patterns for them, just did my own thing. I thought a blue bird would add just the right touch, so added the bluebird.  Thought something was missing, and that’s when I came up with the crocheted chain bow.

SAM_1310-001

This evening I started working on a placemat type of thing that I will use in the middle of my table.  Stay tuned for pics! 

I’ve been sick for about a week and a half now.  Went to MedExpress Sunday night and got an antibiotic for acute bronchitis. So crocheting is just about the only thing I’ve been doing this week.

Hope you’re having a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Rita - your new kitchen curtain, pretties and wreath are all so pretty. I love the combination of the blues and greens. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi! I'm loving it! :) I had been thinking about doing something in blue and yellow, but this fabric changed my mind. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, that's using your head! Love the window topper and especially the wreath. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE love LOVE it! I can't wait to see it in person! I think your house is starting to finally really feel like you. I love that you are making so much of your decor! So pretty and so you! I love it all, but those little ditties by the wall and your wreath are ADORABLE!! I might need you to make me a pretty spring wreath! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your window topper looks very pretty , Rita!! I liked the way you added beads to the edging:) all of the other decor pieces look absolutely lovely!! I should now think about my kitchen too rather than just the drawing room.

    ReplyDelete