Wednesday, April 16, 2014

“Leaping Stripes & Blocks” Pretties

Hello all, and I hope you’re all doing well! All is well here at my house…at least for the time being.  I am working at getting better from this bronchitis, and I have been doing some crocheting while I’m working on getting better.

Both of the things I am going to show you today are using this pattern.

This is a mat I use on the kitchen table to hold the napkin holder and salt and pepper shakers.

SAM_1318-001

SAM_1320-001

Next, I used the same stitch to make a small afghan.  A lapghan or perhaps a baby afghan.  I’m not sure yet. I took it outside for a photo shoot today. The wind wasn’t being very cooperative, but I took some pics anyway. LOL I call this my sunset afghan as it reminds me of the colors of a gorgeous sunset!

SAM_1333-001

SAM_1335-001

I put a shell edging on it.

SAM_1337-001

SAM_1341-001

This stitch pattern is soooo easy, and it lends itself to tons and tons of color combos!  Great for using leftover yarns. :)

3 comments:

  1. They're both gorgeous - I love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the afghan and mat. Interesting stitch! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look very beautiful and colorful!! :) I love colorful things. The stitch is very nice. I have seen it but not sure if I have pinned it. I will come back here for the link if I plan to make something.
    I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete